Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A bad Situation on DWTS

Despite executing some of the most difficult lifts and spins in their Argentine tango on Monday night?s performance show, Mike ?The Situation? Sorrentino and Karina Smirnoff could not escape the dreaded red light and were eliminated on last night?s Dancing With the Stars.

With the return of the dreaded double score, the couple were awarded a 12 for technique and a 16 for performance (both out of a possible 30), making them the lowest scoring couple of the evening. While the judges praised Mike for his improvement, the overall comments were not as encouraging, with judge Len Goodman referring to their intricate routine as ?consistent ? it was bad throughout.?

?It?s okay,? said Karina after the hammer fell. ?Monday night I totally thought it would be us as the scores were low and the remarks not that encouraging. But I had so much fun and got to meet the real Mike. His time was just cut a little short.?

Following the performance on Monday, a visibly upset Mike had this to say, ?I am definitely upset and tried so hard. The lifts were extremely difficult and the routine wasn?t as sloppy as the judges said. Karina?s safety was first and foremost and she was okay afterwards. We showed people we tried so hard; the judges just didn?t see it.?

Thanks to the show, America got to see a gentler side of ?The Situation, and while he knew the show would be tough, he never expected it would be his pride that would take the biggest beating. ?I knew it would be hard,? says Mike. ?It?s tough on your pride, mentally and physically. I was upset, as I didn?t want to let my fans down. I even wore mascara and I don?t even know what that is. I know I am not a dancer but I tried to improve and those lifts were hard. I don?t know many people that could do those.?

For more with Mike and Karina, click here.

Vanessa Ferlito Vanessa Paradis Vanessa Williams Victoria Beckham Vin Diesel

No comments:

Post a Comment